Saturday, November 26, 2011

Our Holiday Vignette at Vignette's


Our holiday vignette at Vignette's on Newport Ave in Ocean Beach is currently a work in progress, but with the addition of Denise's beautiful Winter Wonderland Mannequin and Dresser this week- the space is definitely getting there! Denise is working on a few more festive pieces to add before the Vignette's Holiday Open House on December 8th from 3:00-8:00pm. But here's a few photos of some of our newest items...


Denise gave new life to an old dresser with a touch of Annie Sloan chalk paint
Atop the dresser are some of our assembled pieces along with some of my Mexico City Flea Market finds.
The metal military hat is actually an old Prussian Cigarette Dispenser
This vintage shoe mold was another find on my trip- very cool and quite heavy
Yet another Flea Market find - this one is probably my favorite - I bought the hand made altar and the old doll  from the same vendor on two separate days- Denise had the metal cup in her treasure of trinkets- it's fun when things come together and work



Since we did some rearranging in our space I was able to take a better photo of Denise's cool Bergere Chair -
I think she did a great job with the paint and the upholstery

Here's another look at Denise's Winter Wonderland Mannequin- she's beautiful- and I love how all of her mannequin creations have a similarity as well as a uniqueness about them. One of my favorite pieces she's creating is almost finished - it's a definite 'man'nequin and he's awesome, probably my favorite - I'll post pics as soon as he's done- so keep checking back!

Next week is the big Vintage Marketplace - December 2nd & 3rd in Rainbow, Ca - we're excited to see all of the vendors and the fun stuff they bring to the show. I'm excited to see what fun stuff we're bringing to the show too - just kidding - we have several new pieces with Denise's special touch & vintage pieces too that will be filling our space- can't wait!